Sachin helped me improve my bowling: Ojha


India's new spin hero Pragyan Ojha revealed that the success gained in the recent series against the West Indies was due to the tips he received from Sachin Tendulkar. 

"Sachin gave energy on the field. He advised me on all the finer points as to how to deceive the batsmen. His tips have helped me in getting at least 10-15 Test wickets," Ojha, who picked up a total of 20 wickets in the three Tests, was quoted. 

"I remembered one memorable sentence by Sachin Tendulkar. He told me that if you love the game, you don't need anything to motivate you. I always wanted to play and that kept me going," Ojha said. 

Ojha stressed on the fact that this was an important series for him and that it was a great comeback. The important thing for him was that he contributed to the team's success at vital moments. This was a crucial phase in his career and he was happy with this performance. 

Ojha along with senior state-mate VVS Laxman will be playing for Hyderabad in a Plate League match starting from November 29 as he is not playing ODIs. 

"Although I did not play international cricket for close to one year, I was always positive. " 

He termed his county stint as something that changed him as a bowler. Following the period in which he did not play international cricket, Ojha was signed up by Surrey. During the period when India toured England, he practiced with the team. "Anilbhai (Anil Kumble) played a key role in helping me play for Surrey. They were looking for an Indian spinner and Alec Stewart had got in touch with Anilbhai who had recommended my name. I'm really thankful to him," he recalled how his association with the county started. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts