Shane Watson doubtful for New Zealand Tests

Australia all-rounder Shane Watson admitted that he is a doubtful starter for the two-match Test series at home against New Zealand starting from December 1 at Brisbane. 

Watson, who injured his hamstring while bowling against South Africa in the second Test, said he would play only as a batsman and will not bowl if he gets to play the Tests against New Zealand. 

"Most probably bowling will be out in Brisbane, but we will just have to wait and see. I am going to get a scan done after this Test (ongoing match against South Africa) to see what extent but hopefully it won't be a real significant one that will put me out for a little while." 

"When I've done hamstrings in the past it's taken a little bit of time to build up my work before I can begin bowling again, so hopefully it wont be too long," Watson was quoted as saying by The Australian. 

Watson said he will try to contribute as much as possible in the ongoing Test match against South Africa while at the same time not exert too much pressure on himself. 

"I am trying to find a balance to get through this Test match and contribute as much as I can, even if it is only with the bat and try not to do too much damage to give myself a chance of playing in Brisbane," said Watson. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts