Aaron to miss Australian tour;Vinay kumar replaces him

Varun Aaron has a stress reaction on his lower back and will not be travelling to Australia.It's been a cruel twist of fate for one of India's fastest bowlers Varun Aaron as he can now only watch his teammates play against the Aussies on television after being ruled out of the Test series. 

"I have got a stress reaction in my back and that's why I won't be a part of the Test squad," a disappointed Aaron told PTI over phone from his Pune residence, where he has recently shifted. 

Aaron who made his Test debut against the West Indies in Mumbai last month, played in the first two ODIs against the West Indies at Cuttack and Visakhapatnam. 

"I have sustained this injury during the ODI series and I have now been advised complete rehabilitation," the 22-year-old who plays for Jharkhand in the domestic league informed. 

"I will leave for Bangalore on Monday. I will now undergo complete rehabilitation at the National Cricket Academy in my bid to get completely fit." 

Asked about the extent of his injury, Aaron said, "I don't know yet about what will be the duration of my rehabilitation but I believe it's nothing very serious." 

When asked if he will be able to get fit in time to be considered for selection before the Commonwealth Bank Series that starts in February, he was optimistic yet cautious, and all he said was "I will definitely try to get fit by then." 

Aaron came into the national reckoning after his impressive performance during the Emerging Tour of Australia, and his absence is expected to be a significant blow since India are likely to need genuine quicks on the bouncy strips on offer Down Under. 

"Obviously, it is disappointing as I was looking forward to this tour," said Aaron who is also down with cold. His focus is going to be on regaining full fitness as quickly as possible. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts