Fitness issues led to Pujara's exclusion: Reports

Reports claimed that fitness issues led to Pujara's exclusion from the 30-man squad for the CT.Fitness issues led to Cheteshwar Pujara's exclusion from the 30-man Indian squad for the Champions Trophy, as per reports. According to Mid-day.com, the Indian selectors have sent out a firm message, saying that fitness is a big criteria for the final selection of the squad. 

Pujara, who was India's top scorer in the Test series against New Zealand, England as well as the Border-Gavaskar Trophy, not only suffered a fractured finger in the fourth and final Test against Australia in Delhi but also had a knee problem. 

Pujara, who spoke to 'Indian Express' recently, had stated: "I will take at least two more weeks to return to cricket. When I fractured my finger, during the Delhi Test, physios had advised me that I needed to take at least three-four weeks rest." 

"I hope to be available for RCB by the last week of April, but at the same time I don't want to rush things," he had mentioned. 

The Saurashtra batsman, who also opened for India in the final Test due to the absence of Shikhar Dhawan, was having some fitness concerns in the last two Tests against Australia. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts